Welcome to the offical Tullamarine Pony Club website
Tullamarine Pony Club has been in existance for 44 years (as of 2012) and boasts a long history of providing high quality and enjoyable pony club and equestrian program to young riders.
Although we carry the name 'Tullamarine' [this is a historical name from when the club was originally established in 1968 and the club was located off Sharps Road, Tullamarine] we are actually located on SECTION ROAD, GREENVALE on the grounds of the Greenvale Equestrian Centre [for more details on how to find our grounds please click on link "FIND US" in the site tool bar above].
The grounds are owned by the Commonwealth of Australia (Crown Land) and are managed under the auspice of Hume City Council.
Tullamarine Pony Club share the Greenvale Equestrian Precinct grounds with Bulla Adult Riders and the Carriage Club and have access to and use the precinct gronds and facilities on the second and fourth weekend of each month with our PONY CLUB RALLIES being held on the 4th Sunday of each month.
Tullamarine Pony Club has an experienced District Commissioner and dedicated Office Bearers with every paid up supporting member being on and having voting rights on the Club's Committee.
Our District Commissioner ensures that the club maintains a strong and positive relationship with all of our Instructors of which we have a pool of 4/5 instructors which ensures that each and every pony club rally is specifically geared to meet the learning and skill development needs of our young riders.
The club current provides:
- excellent dressage and jumping rings and facilities
- challenging and well designed top quality cross country course
- a fun and enjoyable club environment for our young riders and their families
- practical riding sessions that are divided into 'class' categories depending on the individual young rider's skills and capabilities
- group riding sessions that promote a supportive, non-judgemental and helpful mentorship between riders
- canteen and clubroom facilities
- safe and secure horse holding yards
- plenty of parking
- support and information on shows and horse trial events within the Central Zone and PCAV calendars
- a friendly welcoming and inclusive club culture that is supportive of all members and riders
Other club activities:
- provision of a canteen for equestrian events as a source of regular income for the club
- increasing our rider membership
- active club participation in the Greenvale Recreational Precinct project overseen by the Department of Infrastructure and Planning and Hume City Council that includes the Greenvale Equestrian Precinct
- undertake 3 year planning and development plan for 2012 - 2015 which strategically aligns with the Hume City Council, PCAV and CZ Annual Plans and Planning activities
Future programs in the pipe-works:
- a rider without horse/pony program
- a young rider program (4 & 5 yo lead parent program)
- increased focus on mounted games
- trail rides
- stronger links for families and riders interested in the activities of the Carriage Club
- enhance our relationships and partnerships with other pony clubs within the PCAV's 'Central Zone'
- enhance our partnerships with business and industry in the Northern Metropolitan Region
If you are interested in joining or supporting Tullamarine Pony Club please go to "Contact Us" on our website home page; contact details for the Club's President and Secretary can be found here for all enquiries.